The world needs better systems where MEN/GUYS/BOYS can understand that 'women/girls/females also work'. On weekdays/weekends.
I think I have been programmed to assume not to disturb/lower my expectations any 'boy(s)' around me when they declare they are working. Why are these programs absent (taken for granted) in the guy psyche ? Not because I am being a feminist here, but because simply if you demand to have a working girl for a wife, I demand for you to understand this.
ok ? OK.
Nightflier
I think I have been programmed to assume not to disturb/lower my expectations any 'boy(s)' around me when they declare they are working. Why are these programs absent (taken for granted) in the guy psyche ? Not because I am being a feminist here, but because simply if you demand to have a working girl for a wife, I demand for you to understand this.
ok ? OK.
Nightflier
Somebody is/has gotten a hurt real bad!!!!
ReplyDelete:P
DeleteWhen I rant on the blog, it actually means that the person in real life got it super easy :D
hehe tell me the story! Though it's one thing to be fashionably have a "working wife" who is earning, it's quite another, to think in terms of being an equal. The latter is a human trait that gets distorted by self-orientation...
ReplyDeletestarted with a fight with brother over over-working and then spiraled in a thought thread inside my head :D
DeleteI am guessing its the simple facts which we take for granted. And I agree with the 'being an equal' bit.
Because, ours is a highly skewed society, and in such a society when one does what is "but obvious" to us (like working women, or like the husband cooking dinners some days of the week), seems un-natural to others who still stick to genders and roles.
ReplyDeleteI hope you gave that sucker/guy/man/boy a verbal bashing :)
I know, our conditioning is too biased. And I wish if I ever have a son he doesn't get it from me or his dad.
DeleteNo one got a bashing, I just ranted here instead :)
I know what you mean! Blame the mothers.
ReplyDelete∞ © tanvii.com ∞
I like this idea of blaming the mothers ;)
Delete