Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

learn. un-learn. re-learn.

The problem with an analytical mind is it thinks a lot. And if gets even better company, it goes into over drive.


I think I am pretty much self aware (with an annoyingly strong (sub)conscious which always advocates not being mean). I not only observe myself, I also end up analyzing behavioral patterns of myself, people in my life and sometimes on larger scales (depending on how much free time I have) society.


So it is something related to very mundane. 4 years back when I had to learn electric machines, I did it without much fuss, in spite of knowing I had a phobia for it but very well aware that studying is the only way to pass. 4 years down the line, I am required to study some mathematical stuff which will not be asked in any exam (rather more experimental and research kind of stuff), I do it without any doubts/questions/fuss. Again. Very happy about the entire process. But few days ago I was asked to study those darned machines again and I just could not bring myself to give my 100%. So in this growing old process, my awareness that my life will be better without putting 100% to it, killed the fun/excitement I once found in learning ? [part of this sentence is as put by the even better company I talked about in the first sentence]


So in a sense, in trying to make myself learn something I had 4 years ago, I have to get rid of the baggage of this awareness by un-learning it. Re-learning will not look that hard then. May be.


Attitude, they say, determines your altitude. No wonder Mount Everest looks so tall from here. :-|


~nightflier


P.S. I tried and I failed. Again. Electric Machines are stupid that way :D
also pardon any inconsistent sentences. I have a bad feeling about the grammar here.

7 comments:

  1. post nahi samjha!! :D:D But then again, good luck with whatever you are trying to achieve..learn/ un-learn/re-learn? (btw, these 3 words, tongue twister) :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated electrical machines! but that doesn't mean I weren't attracted to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, mere ko bhi nahi chamka...and I had my project thesis on machines :D

    Electrical Machines - would always remain special to me...have lot of good memories of labs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attitude, they say, determines your altitude. No wonder Mount Everest looks so tall from here. :-| Well Said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nepo : mujhe bhi nahi samjha what I was trying to write and what I ended up doing! ;)
    @Upasna : Same pattern. Guess its not just machines, many other things in life as well ;)
    @Calvin : Wow! Project on machines. In my world, only geeks can accomplish that :D
    @Tanvi : :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't accomplish it, and hence got an extension (where I changed to a different project :P)...special as in, have wonderful memories of those labs, and how we were scared of them...and never managed to get the right readings, which we later manipulated...

    ReplyDelete
  7. even taking up a project on machines is an accomplishment, no ? :)

    ReplyDelete